- Founded & Grew New Republic Brewing
- Strategic Leader
- Enterprise Unix Administrator
- Focused on Systems
- Developed company vision for New Republic Brewing
- Mentored employees from entry level to experienced
- Solved problems with long-term solutions
- Unix Gentoo, Debian, OSX, Solaris
- Web applications Rails; Meteor
New Republic Brewing Company
May, 2010 ⇀ Jan, 2017
Founder / Director of Operations
- Grew the company from inception through proof-of-concept to a production brewery with accounts in eight territories.
- Directed the operations team responsible for producing all of New Republic's beers. Developed quality assurance programs to keep products at their peak. Created a company-wide knowledge base for future training.
- Managed the supply chain from raw ingredients to finished product.
- Created award-winning beer recipes as the Head Brewer.
Dean Brundage Consulting
Dec, 2010 ⇀ Aug, 2012
- Worked alone and in global teams to develop web and mobile applications from estimation to delivery.
- Adopted agile and test-driven development coding practices.
- Contributed to the local development community at Improving Enterprises, Meetups and Startup Aggieland.
- Key Ring Sole developer of their Blackberry client
- Moveocracy A political-focused social network
- TouchBase Family network for sharing locations
- GTrain Workout management mobile web app
Computer Sciences Corporation
May, 2006 ⇀ Dec, 2010
Subject Matter Expert
- Led a technical team to update and customize the Java Desktop System (Gnome) for 38,000 employees. Worked with the client to set requirements. Customizations deployed as Solaris packages. Completed project within aggressive time schedule.
- Architected an enterprise-wide application tracking system to help the customer visualize monthly usage. The system collected 60,000 reports per month tracking usage of some 35 applications. Kept close communication with the customer from requirements documentation to post-deployment performance tuning.
- Configure and deploy Mozilla-based products in an enterprise environment. Integrate corporate policies and LDAP directory information into thunderbird and firefox MCD (autoconfig) to set user preferences according to the customer's specification.
Jun, 1999 ⇀ May, 2006
- Supported 6 buildings encompassing roughly 2,000 users and many unix services including a large-scale SunRay group. Senior administrator supporting the demanding Newark campus Sun University buildings.
- Puppet Development Team. Maintained 20,000 lines of perl and bourne code for Puppet. Primarily responsible for user-interface and client code. Led weekly team meetings. Primary contact for IT Operations "train process".
Mar, 1997 ⇀ Jun, 1999
Senior Support Technician
- Unscrambled customer's eggs for the regional dial-up ISP.
California Polytechnic State University
BS Mathematics 2000